How Academic Coaching Works
It starts with a free consultation. Lesley will spend 15-20 minutes with you (over the phone) and and 15-20 minutes with your child (over video) to diagnose challenges and determine together if her services are a good fit for your child. Schedule a free consultation.
The path to success is unique to your child. Each coaching program starts with an online assessment followed by a 45-60 minute Kick-Off Meeting to identify specific areas of focus and personal growth goals to be explored in subsequent meetings. Students meet with Lesley weekly for 20-minute Focused Coaching Meetings during which they discuss progress towards their goals and make a weekly plan for academic and life success.
All meetings are held over video conference (Skype, FaceTime, or Zoom). Included with all packages:
- Free initial consultation
- Student assessment to evaluate strengths and challenges
- Online coaching sessions tailored to meet individual need of student that include identifying the challenge, setting goals, making a plan, accountability for the plan, and providing support
- Shared document (with student and parents) that includes meeting notes and weekly grade tracking
- Email and SMS support
- Monthly parent email report
How is Academic Coaching different from tutoring?
Rather than targeting a specific scholastic subject, Lesley teaches the life-skills that students can use to succeed in all subjects, both in school and beyond. These areas of improvement can include:
- Organization Skills
- Time Management
- Study and Learning Strategies
- Setting up a Study Plan
- Self-advocacy Skills with Teachers
- Self Motivation
- Dealing with Procrastination
- Reading Strategies
- Note Taking Strategies
- Best practices for engaging with teachers and administrators
- Strategies to support your child’s learning