How Academic Coaching Works
It starts with a free consultation. Lesley will spend an hour meeting with you and your child to diagnose challenges and develop both short-term and long-term goals. Working with both of you, she’ll determine the best action plan to address your child’s specific needs. Schedule a free consultation.
The path to success is unique to your child. Packages include everything from a single two-hour Kick-Starter Session to target a specific area that needs improvement, to a series of 20-minute or 50-minute Weekly Coaching Sessions to develop certain skills over time.
All meetings are held over video conference (Skype, FaceTime, or Zoom). If you live in the Bay Area, face-to-face introductory meetings may be arranged, depending on availability and location. Included with all packages:
- Free initial consultation
- Student assessment to evaluate strengths and challenges
- Online coaching sessions tailored to meet individual need of student that include identifying the challenge, setting goals, making a plan, accountability for the plan, and providing support
- Shared document (with student and parents) that includes meeting notes and weekly grade tracking
- Email and SMS support
- Monthly parent email report
How is Academic Coaching different from tutoring?
Rather than targeting a specific scholastic subject, Lesley teaches the life-skills that students can use to succeed in all subjects, both in school and beyond. These areas of improvement can include:
- Organization Skills
- Time Management
- Study and Learning Strategies
- Setting up a Study Plan
- Self-advocacy Skills with Teachers
- Self Motivation
- Dealing with Procrastination
- Reading Strategies
- Note Taking Strategies
- Best practices for engaging with teachers and administrators
- Strategies to support your child’s learning